Friday, February 22, 2008

Book Meme


I've been tagged by Ronni to participate in a book meme. Here's the book I've chosen, and here are the rules.


1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence

.4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people.


Here's my entry...


" It may be important for you to inform others who share your space--family, friends, or roommates--that for now your image work needs to remain private."


"Showing your creative work to others is part of the joy of self-expression, but only when you are ready to and feel supported and safe about doing so.

There are some benefits to working with another person as a witness to your process, particularly if that person is skilled in understanding how creativity helps and heals. Many people who consult an expressive or art therapist have already found their creative source on their own and have been using it for some time before they decide they want to work with another person."


I've tagged so many people lately, this time I'm tagging all who want to play!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that's a good one. I've been "getting" lately to do lots of artwork that is just for my eyes. Hard when I've been commercially focused for so long. It's like I can't turn off the switch! What did you get from this quote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a chance to read this book yet, but ironically page 123 really resonated with me! I don't like to share certain things I'm working on if they're still "in progress." I feel comments could change the direction I was intending to go in, although that's not always a bad thing. And using it as a healing process is always there for me because art has healed me in so many ways. Thanks for coming up with such an interesting idea Ronni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow,everyone who has done this has found something pertaining to themselves on their page. what a great piece you found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea! I might just have to participate in this one. Although, my sister bought a copy of the Motley Crue biography as a joke and that is the only book close to me right now. Not sure if that would be the best thing to post for inspiration. hee, hee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI..
    heres mine..

    I feel as if I have shed a burden that has been weighing me down for a long time. The wind is high and the tide is in. I glance into the breakers : the urge to fish comes over me once more...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That’s a fun MEME. I’ve done it and am considering doing it again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lolo, Ok, I'll play:

    Nonetheless, Herakles has the upper hand.

    The giant's face is a mask of pain.

    His eyes roll and his teath are bared.

    From my Gardener's Art History book, Euphronios and Red Figure Ceramics.

    This might be a little more telling than my last fortune cookie, being I just finished mid-terms.

    No books for purely fun close by while school's in session!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've also tagged your blog as one of my favourite readings. (Please, read my post of 16th February)
    You have been tagged recently so may not want to join in, and then I am very sorry, but do have a go if you have time ...

    This book seems interesting ... I'll be looking for a French version. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete